Hazelnut Rye Flip

This past weekend was the time for decorating at my house, and I decided to make the tree lighting and tinsel hanging a little more fun this year by coming up with a tasty drink to match the festive atmosphere. I think my creation hits all the right holiday flavors perfectly, especially if you're a fan of rye whiskey.

You'll Need:

  • 1 oz. Rye Whiskey - I used a classic, Old Overholt
  • 1/2 oz. Frangelico hazelnut liqueur
  • 1 egg white
  • Dash of Angostura bitters
  • Pinch of ground nutmeg
  • Pinch of ground cinnamon
  • Cinnamon stick for garnish
  1. Pour everything but the cinnamon stick into a large shaker filled with ice.
  2. Shake vigorously for a minute or so - you really want to froth up the egg white for a nice creamy drink.
  3. Strain it into rocks glass over a few cubes of ice - I recommend using a very fine strainer to keep out any stray chunks of nutmeg or cinnamon.
  4. Garnish with a cinnamon stick.
  5. Enjoy with Christmas carols and a warm sweater.

0 comments: