This past weekend was the time for decorating at my house, and I decided to make the tree lighting and tinsel hanging a little more fun this year by coming up with a tasty drink to match the festive atmosphere. I think my creation hits all the right holiday flavors perfectly, especially if you're a fan of rye whiskey.
- 1 oz. Rye Whiskey - I used a classic, Old Overholt
- 1/2 oz. Frangelico hazelnut liqueur
- 1 egg white
- Dash of Angostura bitters
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Cinnamon stick for garnish
- Pour everything but the cinnamon stick into a large shaker filled with ice.
- Shake vigorously for a minute or so - you really want to froth up the egg white for a nice creamy drink.
- Strain it into rocks glass over a few cubes of ice - I recommend using a very fine strainer to keep out any stray chunks of nutmeg or cinnamon.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick.
- Enjoy with Christmas carols and a warm sweater.